Thursday, October 29, 2009

Let The Halloween Festivities Begin

Sadly I won't be in costume tonight for Costumes & Couture because I am not creative enough to make my own costume that ties in with being prego. I found something I think is pretty funny and prego related for Jefe and me to wear Saturday night but had to order our costumes online and they won't arrive until tomorrow. We'll attempt to party hop Saturday night as we have two super fun groups of friends who are throwing huge parties - one at Picosa, one in their basement in NE and I realized this is our last Halloween to celebrate as a couple and not take our kiddo trick-or-treating, so might as well live it up..as much as an 18-week prego lady can. And now, for no reason at all, a look back at a few of our favorite Halloween costumes over the years..

Jeff was a hilarious Mormon Missionary who was "spreading the good news" all night and I'm The Queen of Hearts but you can't see my costume because we were on a Halloween Boat Party on the San Francisco Bay and it was freezing outside..but seriously one of the most fun parties I've ever been to. These parties are part of the reason I was inspired to start VimLab and throw boat parties in Minneapolis on the Mississippi. Although mine here are super fun, there's just really no comparison. Ain't no party like a SF Boat party cuz an SF Boat party don't quit.

As 70s Tennis Players on another SF Halloween Boat Party. Waaaaay too much fun. We were waiting for a cab to take us up Van Ness to the Wharf to board the boat in these get ups when this Benz pulled up and some funny rich guy rolled down the window and said.."Tennis, anyone??" Hilarious. Halloween in SF is out of control fun-there's just nothing like it. I wish I had a digital pic of my costume as Margot Tennenbaum the year that movie came out. It was prettymuch perfection, and I managed to find many other Tennenbaum family members throughout the night as we meandered through the Castro and walked into random people's parties all over town.

I'm Miss Anchorage, He's Todd Palin. And we live up there in Alaska.

No comments:

Post a Comment