Friday, September 11, 2009

Back In My Favorite Citaaaay By The Bay.





It was a successful Labor Day weekend, starting with a sunset boat cruise on Minnetonka Friday afternoon, an easy Sun Country flight to LAX and a weekend of floating in the pool, eating tacos, body boarding and swimming in the ocean because the water was warm and perfect, hanging with friends and family at the beach and general SoCal chillin.

Tuesday night I flew up to SF and so far its been action packed and full of deliciousness. Love being back in my city...I was here all the time last year from May through December but hadn't been back since our Jet Set Reunion dinner with Kaskade and crew in early January, which is madness. But I guess I have been busy checking out other places like Los Cabos, South Beach, Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, NYC, upstate NY, Boston, Chicago, LA, SD, OC, etc.

So, Tuesday night I met Jeff at our sassy week and a half long sublet in Noe Valley that is super cozy with everything we need including an amazingly comfy bed, nice little garden and the subletter left us home made hummus, olive tapenade, brownies, chocolates, lots of coffee and other goodies. There's no cable, or Mr. Coffee, which forces me to put on some classical music, boil water and make coffee the old fashioned way, which is actually a nice little break from modern technology, and TV. Although I am DVRing all my shows and will watch them when I get back to MN. We walked down the hill through Noe Valley and took the J Church train to one of our favorite restaurants - Home, for some late night comfort food - duck spring rolls, deviled eggs, salad with beets and goat cheese and a side of mac & cheese. Yummo.

Wednesday I met a good friend who's in town from Boston for work for a late lunch of tapas - olives, empananadas, patatas bravas and heirloom tomato flatbread at Thirsty Bear..kind of a strange menu for a brewery, but good nonetheless. It was a gorg day so we grabbed a drink outside at B in Yerba Buena where Jeff met us after work. We parted ways and Jefe and I walked to the design district near North Beach where my first PR office was - will always love that area, even though the adorbz Cafe Prague that used to be there went out of biz. The Bubble Lounge is right there and sometimes you just need to sip some bubbly in a swanky space with velvet couches and lots of candles. We sat down for a little bite at Globe, another one of our fave restaurants, mainly because of the spaghetti with tomato and basil. It's so simple, yet so delish..I don't know how they make it so amazing, but it is. We shared a dish of the spaghetti and some beets with lemon and salt..kind of a random dinner, but it hit the spot. Then our friend called and said to meet up at Beretta in the Mission, a super cute little restaurant we'd been to once before. He was with some colleagues and friends and I was getting sleepy so had one refreshing hibiscus cooler and went home to drink herbal tea in a bubble bath and read by latest whodunnit while Jeff stayed with the boyz drinking vino.

Thursday was sunny and gorg so after working for a bit in the morning/early afternoon I finally made it outside and picked up a quick veggie burrito at my favorite place in Hayes Valley, Las Estrellas, then walked from there to the Marina..with a little help from the Fillmore bus when I was feeling tired. I wanted to walk down by the water and see the Golden Gate Bridge like you do, and managed to stumble upon a gorgeous yachting race taking place, so had to watch that for a while and take some pics as the fog rolled in around the bridge. Then I walked the other way through the park by Fort Mason, down to the Wharf (which is to be avoided at all costs except for In n Out burger that is unfortunately located there and quite dangerous to my waistline,) and hopped on the street car to go meet the boys back at Thirsty Bear for a Brightcove networking event our friend was putting on with his boss and friend, Jeremy Alaire, who basically invented Cold Fusion and is a complete visionary of the world wide web. I got to meet him for the first time after hearing stories for years, so that was pretty cool.its kind of like meeting Steve Jobs. He's insanely nice and will be at our friend's wedding in Boston in a few weeks that I am in, and very much looking forward to. Anyhoo, after lots of networking and meeting smarties we headed to our favorite Indian restaurant, Indian Oven on Fillmore and Haight to meet our hilarious friends and neighbors from Minneapolis who are in town for their anniversary. Had a filling, comfy dinner of chicken tika masala, saag paneer, goat cheese naan and all sorts of other things that made me full and sleepy. We had a couple of drinks on the backyard patio of gay bar Pilsner in Duboce Triangle after dinner and then headed home. Now it's another gorgeous day and I've gotta get outside to explore more of this beautiful city.

No comments:

Post a Comment